Calling all Cardiac Rehabilitation Leads: this practical workshop will give delegates the opportunity to really drill down into the mechanics of setting up and delivering a comprehensive heart failure rehabilitation programme that helps manage patient conditions and reduce hospital admissions.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Very valuable experience and will be feeding back to the rest of the teamKent Community Health NHS Trust
Fantastic, great ideas, great networking, thorough knowledgeKettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Informative - gave me excellent ideas on how to improve current service in my areaBerkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Very good and very informative. Good ideas of how to get started and resources to useRoyal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Useful to network and identify what other services are doing in relation to their HF rehab servicesFirst Community Health and Care
Very informative and informal made for an interesting and positive learning experienceCwm Taf UHB
Good networking and sharing of existing services and what to do when setting up a service. Hearing the pitfalls and benefits that others have experiencedEast London NHS Foundation Trust
Given me more insight in to setting up heart failure rehab - the challenges to face and how to manage them. Excellent sessionKettering General Hospital NHS Trust
The documentation from Heart Failure Rehabilitation Service which took place on 03 March 2015 in London Gatwick, includes the following presentations:
- Pre-Planning for your New Heart Failure Rehabilitation Service - • Evaluating the different heart failure rehabilitation models and methodologies: how to best serve your population •Investigating routes for referrals: understanding demand levels • Identifying where new models could impact on your current service delivery
- Delivering New Service Models: Executing your Plan - • Getting buy-in: securing backing and getting colleagues to support your vision • Sharing lessons learnt from established heart failure rehabilitation services • Driving progression: championing change and driving forward innovation
- Running a Comprehensive Programme for Heart Failure Patients - • Functional assessments of heart failure patients • Exercise prescription and programming: examining strength, balance and higher intensity resistance exercise • Educational components the programme: “not all patients are suitable for exercise”
- Managing Access: Examining Heart Failure Community vs. Hospital Programmes - • Analysing the pathway between hospital and community services • Identifying the most appropriate route to co-ordinate refferals and ensure appropriate access • Embedding heart failure rehabilitation services into acute discharge planning
- Watertight Services: Measuring your Heart Failure Rehabilitation Service - • Monitoring patient experience: ensuring your service is meeting the needs of the patient • Measuring outcomes: delivering appropriate services • What’s next? Review, improve and move your service forward
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card (which carries no charge) or a credit card (2.7% charge).
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01732 897788.