This day will provide solutions to the challenges commonplace in moving your Acute Oncology service from five to seven days. Experienced trusts will present case studies on acquiring the funding necessary to move to 7 days, how to achieve patient and staff satisfaction, enabling an effective nurse led service and the challenges inherent in delivering differing 7 day models.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Very useful networking with colleagues around the countryThe Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
Variety of presenters – medical and nursingAlder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Excellent opportunity to network, high quality speakersPennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
All presenters/speakers were excellentBeatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
Interesting varied programme contentColchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
The documentation from How to Move Acute Oncology to a 7 Day Service which took place on 08 October 2015 in Manchester, includes the following presentations:
- Is the Service Worth It? - How To Get Funding
- Will 7 Day Working Cost More Than 5 In The Long Run? - Staffing and Costing Analysis
- Discussion: Is The Juice Worth The Squeeze? - Is The Additional Staff and Funding Cost Effective?
- Case Study - Acute Oncology and Palliative Care Working Together to Provide Cover Across The Weekend
- The Impact of 7 Days on Your Acute Oncology Service -
- Moving From 5 To 7 Days: How To Keep Your Staff on Board -
- Discussion - 5 Vs 7 Day Working, What Works Best For Both Patients and Staff?
- Case Study - Nurse Led Development of a 7 Day Service In Practice
- Tackling Challenges Inherit In Weekend Care With The Nurse Led Model -
- Discussion - How Much Can a Nurse Led Service Achieve?
- Case Study - How To Implement an Effective 24/7 Telephone Helpline
- Discussion - Can a 24/7 Service Really Offer Consistent Care?
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card (which carries no charge) or a credit card (2.7% charge).
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact email@example.com or telephone 01732 897788.