This day will walk you through and provide practical, applicable solutions to challenges commonplace within stroke rehabilitation. Successful trusts will present case studies on relevant problems such as tackling staff shortages, achieving a true 7 day service, enabling an effective Early Supported Discharge Unit and providing integrated community rehabilitation.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Mirek was excellent, pulled everything together and was thought provoking and challengingSouth Warwickshire Foundation Trust
Helpful information and papersNorfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Being a nurse working in an ASLI gave me a better understanding of how ESD worksShrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
I found the talk on how to achieve results without huge cost/commissioner implication really interestingMid Yorkshire Hospitals
Very interesting and thought provoking. Gave me new ideas around extra data collection to support further service developmentRoyal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
Networking and hearing about other people’s experiencesNorfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Insight into other areas of Stroke service deliveryNorfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
The documentation from Stroke Rehabilitation Service Delivery which took place on 17 September 2015 in Birmingham, includes the following presentations:
- Developing the Stroke Workforce: - Creating a Cost Effective Service Delivery Revamping Your Workforce: Improving Your Patient Admittance Times Patient Need Vs Service Cost: What Makes A Successful Service?
- Methods for Achieving a True 7 Day Service: - Is a Comprehensive 7 Day Service Possible?
- When Resources Are Limited, How Effective Is A 6 Day Service? - Crunching the Data
- Case Study: Building a Successful Model for Early Supported Discharge Challenges to a Fluid Early Supported Discharge Service Discussion: - How To Get Patients Home: Avoiding Referring Inpatients and Readmissions
- Case Study of an Innovative Community Service Delivery Working With Social Services: - Enabling Integrating Pathways and Continuity of Care Discussion: Tackling the Lack of Community Services Available After Discharge
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card.
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01732 897788.