This foundation course has been specifically designed for people working in NHS clinical research who are new, would like a refresher, or would benefit from taking one day out to focus on costing. This is a participative seminar and as an attendee, you will be actively encouraged to contribute your thoughts and ideas. To ensure a quality learning experience, delegate spaces are limited.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
I enjoyed the course, found it very informative, made me think of ways to improve the process which is very exciting and challengingSt George’s NHS Trust
I found the invoicing procedure using the costing template interesting because our trust doesn’t use it. The patent tracker was also interestingBradford Hospitals NHS Trust
Each section of the event was very interesting/enjoyable. I was not bored as each section is an eye opener for me. I really enjoy the costing template process.Barts Health NHS Trust
Informative, discussion about specific issues e.g. a sponsor not wanting to pay R&D set up fee for an observational study – gave me increased confidence to stick to my guns! Wrightington,Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust
Good introduction, explained basics of the overall use of the costing templateTaunton & Somerset NHS Trust
Looking at the costing templates. Made it understandable to navigate around for future studies. Understand what certain terms meanLeeds Teaching Hospitals
Found the invoicing and income sessions interesting and enjoyableUnited Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
The documentation from Introduction to Costing NHS Commercial Clinical Research which took place on 13 October 2015 in Birmingham, includes the following presentations:
- Salient Points of the NIHR Industry Costing Template - • Introduction to the NIHR Excel file: examining the different elements that make up the costing template • Understanding how different values for different costs are derived • Practical guidance on how to utilise and manipulate the template to reflect the individual costs of your site 10.30 Networking Break 10.50 Case
- Case Study: Scenarios on the Reality of Costing Commercial Trials - • Identifying costs that are not covered and gaining a foundation to start budget negotiations • Realities of costing commercial trials: sharing practical case studies and costing analysis • Sharing successful and unsuccessful examples: key elements that can make a difference • Common pitfalls: serious pitfalls getting your budgeting and timings right
- Interactive Session Getting the Basics Right for Costing Commercial Trials - • Solidifying your understanding of your cost base before entering cost negotiations • Knowing the template and early identification of where your site costing issues and limits are
- Costing Commercial Trials: Review and Q&A - • Examining your learning: comparison and expert insight • Creating your action plan to take away
- How to Control Finances for your Commercial Research Portfolio: Managing Income and Expenditure - • Using the industry costing template for invoicing and income distribution • Accurately forecasting income and expenditure to secure sufficient overhead resource • Sharing systems and procedures to manage R&D’s departmental income and expenditure • Strategies for income distribution: practicalities of disseminating income out to various departments
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card.
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01732 897788.