Take one day out to find out the answer to ‘what else you should be doing?’ If you have an established structure and are now looking to substantiate your service and cut down on diagnostic time, this forward looking day will share the working models at Portsmouth NHS Trust where flow has been improved and every activity accounted for.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Very good informative event. Very organised. Very good speakerPoole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Inspirational, informative, challenging, useful, practicalVelindre NHS Trust
Gives very good overview about AOS and how to develop our role as AOS CNS to improve patients careRoyal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Very informative, loads of ideas, suggestions and feedback of experimental learning. My head is now buzzing with ideasHull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Excellent knowledgeable speaker – good networkingHull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Fantastic – real inspirationBarnsley Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
It has been a great day. Such a good experience. Motivational! I finish today loving what I do and what it could be doneKingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The documentation from How to Set up and Deliver Nurse Led Acute Oncology which took place on 08 March 2016 in Birmingham, includes the following presentations:
- Sustaining your Nurse Led Service: Training, Communication and Savings - • Understanding cost economy and coding • Learning from others: Network meetings and communicating with mentors • Ensuring excellence in education and training: taking a multidisciplinary approach to competence
- Measuring your Acute Oncology Service to Ensure on-going Effectiveness - • What are commissioners looking for in a nurse-led acute oncology service? • Monitoring patient experience: ensuring your service is meeting the needs of the patient • Identifying meaningful clinical outcomes for your nurse-led service
- How to set up and Sustain 4 Accountably Viable Models - • 1. Fast track clinic for oncology: Seeing CUP patients straight from the community • 2. Scheduling activity: malignant drainage, diagnostic biopsy and purification day cases • 3. Setting up and managing pain clinics as a ‘walk in Thursday’ • 4. Introducing regular teaching of the 6 acute oncology emergencies
- Practical Exercise: Consistency and Cost: How to Deliver the Right Business Models for your Service - • What level of medical cover, when? How to work with complex cases and skilled nurses • Getting the skill mix right: role of ANPs and extending the capability of CNSs • Outcomes that evidence that nurse led is the way forward • Where is the income? Practical insight into winning grants and other financial advantages
- What Next for Acute Oncology? - • With patients living longer, what do you want to deliver in the next 5 years?
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card (which carries no charge) or a credit card (2.7% charge).
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01732 897788.