Have you heard of process mapping - the ‘Swiss army knife’ of service improvement? Or have you been part of a rapid improvement session, or touched on Lean or process flow in anyway? Then you will realise the value of being able to use process mapping properly. This day will equip you with the tools to implement your own process mapping session, engage your stakeholders, identify your aims and build an action plan for change.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Insightful and relevant – with useful tipsLondon Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Very informative, thought provoking and relevantBaxter Healthcare Ltd
Very good speakerGloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Comprehensive explanation and good practical examplesBaxter Healthcare Ltd
The facilitator made a new topic understandable, interesting and given me new skills to developCalderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
Great Session – brilliant facilitatorCalderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
Very valuable, practical skills and toolsBaxter Healthcare Ltd
The documentation from Process Mapping for Service Improvement - March which took place on 09 March 2016 in Birmingham, includes the following presentations:
- An introduction to process mapping - • Lean, the origins of process mapping and various methods available • Case study examples of how process mapping has impacted on NHS services • Introduction to the 10 step approach: what does this mean for your service?
- Collecting the current state: achieving stakeholder engagement - • Practical guide to preparing, planning and facilitating a session • Overcoming the challenges of engaging stakeholders from across the patient pathway • Methods of mapping: working within severe constraints
- Moving to the future state: what can you change? - • Which steps actually provided value to the patient? • How to redesign a service: what to aim for? What is not effective? • Best approach to writing up the map and best methods of communication
- From mapping to action: vision, teamwork and engagement - • Getting buy-in to the vision: how to turn a map into a rallying cry! • Creating a solid action plan and keeping on track • Working as a team to progress the process and add value to the patient
- Identifying improvements: measurements and benefits - • Practical guide to the what, when and how of data collection • Interpreting data: how to understand and measure your service improvements • Relaying information to sustain engagement and achieve continuous change
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card.
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01732 897788.