This intensive interactive day will drill down into the mechanics of setting up and delivering your 7 day therapy service. The programme will take you through the reconfiguration technicalities, from planning and funding to staffing. Hear from other effective models how to build your business case and identify the outcomes and deliver the value of your service. The conference will examine how it works within acute trusts and the community by using evidence based learning.
Many attendees to this event completed an evaluation form, and we are pleased to share with you some of the comments made about this day:
Interesting and inspiring day, creating many thought provoking momentsPennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Excellent in provoking discussion regarding elements of services that would be better delivered over 7 days and how we progress those plansCwm Taf UHB
Very inspiring and refreshingly innovativeSouth Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
I feel I have learnt a lot. Ready to feedback to my department and facilitate changeLiverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The documentation from 7 Day Therapy Service which took place on 11 May 2016 in Manchester, includes the following presentations:
- How to Make the Change Work: Insight into a Major Reconfiguration - • What are the battles? How they were fought and what was won • Staff contracts: how to spread a working budget across 7 working days • The wider context of 7 days: wins and ongoing challenges • Is a 7 day service now considered ‘normal’? Culture of the service
- Creating Value: Structure, Service and Outcomes - • What does the commissioner want? What does the patient want? Delivering value • Funding and sourcing properly: meeting demand and need with capacity • Stretching the structure in place for 5 day service: keeping your staff on board • Outcome measures and return on investment: patient, staff and organisation value
- What to do when you Don’t Get the Funding? Building an Effective 6 day Service - • What are your staffing and funding challenges? Trialing a 6 day service • What do patients want locally? Basing service use and preferences around the patient • Measuring the results: from implementation to sustaining an effective service • When the national standard states 7: how useful is a 6 day service?
- How Services - are Funding, Staffing and Resourcing their Weekend Service
- 7 Day Working in a Community Team: Complex Community Developments - • Meeting complex patient needs: how to make rehabilitation in the community work • How to enable effective transfer of care into the community • Community rehabilitation for longer term and more dependant services • Care in the community to support safe and effective discharge
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89 (there is no VAT charge). In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
Please email the customer service team or telephone 01732 897788 stating the name and date of the event you would like to purchase documentation for. Payment is required in advance and this can be done by requesting an invoice or immediately using a debit card (which carries no charge) or a credit card (2.7% charge).
On receipt of payment you will be given immediate access to the presentations on-line where they will be in a pdf format. You will also be sent a set of documentation in the post.
Thank you for attending an SBK: Healthcare course. We are pleased to offer you on-line access to the documentation that you received at the event. This is an exclusive benefit for all of the attendees and includes additional and updated documentation.
Please enter your email address and password which is at the front of your documentation pack. The password will also be emailed to you after the event and this is your notification that the documentation is available on-line.
If you are having any difficulty please contact email@example.com or telephone 01732 897788.