Sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care, each on-demand skills based webinar is guided
by Cathe Gaskell and Su Down, to support and upskill
diabetes professionals during Covid-19.
View all the free and paid for diabetes events by clicking here.
A full list of all upcoming Diabetes events can also be viewed at the official Diabetes National Networking Forum website.
Benefit from an experienced speaker and a host who understand your pressures
Using evidence-based techniques, you will be able to:
- Set goals to achieve enhanced communication, reach a common goal and improve engagement with your diabetes patients
- Understand the importance of developing your listening skills to engage your patients
- Delve into the impact of micro behaviours and body language on your communication skills
- Initiate important, courageous conversations
- Build resilience within your team and recognise stress in yourself and others
- Keep in touch and check in on your colleagues: exploring the impact
- Determine effective empathy management strategies to improve team engagement
- Discover what behavioural change strategies are and how you can use them
- Encourage your patients to make a change and involve them in their diabetes management
Watch these three on-demand NHS webinars from the comfort of your own home
Created specifically to support NHS Diabetes staff in your working life and wellbeing, plus benefit from:
- Three hours of presentation and speaker Q&A
- Follow expert guidance in your own time
- Free to all NHS and public sector professionals
- Immediately accessible on the 'watch now' tab
Su has specialised in diabetes for 25 years and since 2005 has held the
position of Diabetes Nurse Consultant in Somerset. She has played a key
role in leading the service through a complete redesign and implementing
a community-based team of diabetes specialist nurses and specialist
Su’s particular interests are in elderly care, end-of-life care, insulin safety, injection technique, hypoglycaemia and pregnancy care. In her role as Clinical Lead for the intermediate service, she is responsible for the clinical supervision of the nursing team and the service is commissioned to deliver healthcare professional education to primary care, to the community nursing service and to care homes. The service also delivers group education to those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Nationally, Su sits on the board of the Forum for Injection Technique and has developed diabetes modules for the social care sector in conjunction with Skills for Care. She is also on an international board looking to explore the challenges in early conversations between clinicians and people with diabetes. She presented this work at the recent EASD conference. She has had work published on topics including service redesign, the future role of specialist nurses, innovative commissioning, injection technique and hypoglycaemia unawareness.
Managing Director Cathe Gaskell has worked within healthcare for nearly 30 years. She initially trained as a nurse within mental health and has worked either on or with Boards since 1999.
Cathe has been working as a consultant/ independent advisor across healthcare since 2009 and has worked with over 60 organisations.
Cathe specialises in change management by helping organisations with capacity or cultural issues in areas such as governance and compliance, complaints and patient experience and using creative solutions to engage staff to improve services to patients.
Equally comfortable working at ” board or ward levels ” Cathe specialises in leading quality assurance, inspection of services, production of action and business plans, and the delivery of high quality training workshops.
She has a strong interest in resolving Bullying and Harassment issues and working with teams to improve internal communications.