Recognize, consider and navigate conflict within your role
- What is conflict and how to recognise it within your work environment
- How to identify when you are involved in conflict and what feelings and behaviours you should look out for
- Practical implementable tips for resolving conflict
- Guidance and tools for initiating important courageous conversations
Support and guidance for you in your own time
Packed with examples that will help you understand and engage with conflict, plus benefit from:
- One hour of presentation and speaker Q&A
- Featuring an engaging video you can access in your own time
- Free to all NHS and public sector professionals
- Immediately accessible on the 'watch now' tab
|1 hour video | Filmed on Tuesday 28th April 2020 | featuring:|
Managing Conflict on the NHS Frontline
Cathe Gaskell, Managing Director, The Results Company
Questions and answers with Cathe Gaskell
Cathe will be answering the questions and comments that came into the chat box during the presentation, engaging with the thoughts and feelings of the NHS professionals who attended this webinar live.
First-hand speaker experience
Managing Director Cathe Gaskell has worked within healthcare for nearly 30 years. She initially trained as a nurse within mental health and has worked either on or with Boards since 1999.
Cathe has been working as a consultant/ independent advisor across healthcare since 2009 and has worked with over 60 organisations.
Cathe specialises in change management by helping organisations with capacity or cultural issues in areas such as governance and compliance, complaints and patient experience and using creative solutions to engage staff to improve services to patients.
Equally comfortable working at ” board or ward levels ” Cathe specialises in leading quality assurance, inspection of services, production of action and business plans, and the delivery of high quality training workshops.
She has a strong interest in resolving Bullying and Harassment issues and working with teams to improve internal communications.